Thursday, December 3, 2009

Photo Montage Breadmaking

Rootbeer bread

Pinto Bean Bread


White Bread


Banana Bread


Back Left to Right Oatmeal Bread-Sour Dough Rolls
Front Left-Right Bagels-Sour Dough Bread
I have taught 8 women in the How to Make Bread Series. It takes several hours to make homemade bread. Since September I have spent 5 Saturdays teaching this-each 4 hours(total 20 hours). My goal is to remove the fear of baking. Most people are far removed from the era when most food items were made from scratch. What is incredible about making bread is that it takes no more than 8 ingredients in the most fancy of homemade breads, when a simple white loaf of bread from the store has so many ingredients in it. I have become more aware and thus an advocate of the less is best notion, even in our foods, once I discovered how many preservatives are actually in store bought processed foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment