Thursday, December 3, 2009

Photo Montage Drying Foods

Dried onions(minced- and rings)

Drying dandelion leaves


Dried Swiss Chard

Dried Strawberries




Dried Apple slices



Drying dandelion flowers for homemade shampoo


My drying tips and lessons have been on line. I write about how one can preserve a harvest without utilizing modern items. I use my food dehydrator trays and dry my foods outside in the sunshine. There is a large audience for skills such as these as learning the old ways as our economy struggles due to the massive debt our nation has taken upon itself. As we continued to harvest our garden until October 20 this year, I was able to share drying tips all late summer and fall.(Total time writing and preparing for these community tips-6 hours)





No comments:

Post a Comment