Thursday, December 3, 2009

Photo Montage Frugal Household Items

I share frugal tips on how to make your own household items and toiletries. It is quite shocking how easy and inexpensive it is to make products. One exciting thing to factor in is the fact that these items are organic and natural instead of made with synthetic items.
Here are some of the soaps I make on the farm. I use herbs and spices to create soaps I desire, often from trial and error. My biggest request for soaps is the oatmeal soap, as it is so healing to dry or sensitive skin.

I also make decorative soaps for holidays and to display lovely in a soap dish by the sink. Frugal by no means should be taken as second best!


I make my own hairspray. Once I finished my last bottle of hairspray I washed out the bottle and made my hairspray using one orange and warm water! So simple and refreshing. I store the hairspray in the fridge and my hair no longer is dry and brittle, like it was before when I used store bought hairspray.
When I finished my last bottle of store bought deodorant I cleaned out the container to make my own natural deodorant. Check out the label for your deodorant. Then look up the ingredients on line and see what chemical cocktail you put on each and every day. Living frugally and sharing these tips makes sense and is so safe.


Here are the ingredients for the deodorant: cornstarch- to ensure dryness, the coconut oil to bond the ingredients and the baking soda is to remove odor...that is what all of us need in a deodorant-no odor or wetness. The cost is under $.25 and last as long as regular deodorant.

The finished product.

Here are the items I use to make my shampoo. I cater to each individual in the house and the type of hair that they have. I am a blond so I use items to maintain that color...


Here is the finished shampoo, that I made on my stove. The bottle on the left is the base-it is Castille liquid soap, which you can pick up at most drugstores. I use one teaspoon of this per batch of shampoo so it last a long time.

My tips for personal hygiene products get many responses from women all over the world. We have been trained to be consumers for so long that many people don't realize how easy it is to take care of our daily prep needs for pennies. I stress often that a frugal lifestyle is not one without luxuries or pampering. In fact, I have found the less I spend the less stress I have in my life. Frugal living is quite simply an easy way to live!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I hope you will be posting recipes for your homemade soaps and shampoos and deodorants. Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete