Thursday, December 3, 2009

Photo Montage Gardening

I share tips on gardening in New Mexico. This I do both on blogs and in person. Many people have memories of childhood gardens but have no idea where to begin. As I share tips on how to live a frugal life, many people come to the understanding that if I can do it so can they!


garlic growing

Mid month September day harvest. Until I began living on less, I could not name most of the items in this picture, let alone admit I had even tried them.

Mustard Greens going to seed. This is a tip I share with online community and on the farm- as one then can be a bit more self sufficient by having seeds for the next season.


Pumpkin Harvest. Have you ever eaten pumpkins in a stew? They are so wonderful!


This year we began a tire garden, and had several people out to learn the how to's. This is spinach.




Green beans in a tire garden.



Corn in a tire garden.

Calendula in tire garden. On this frugal path I have studied herbs and the uses and began an herb garden. Calendula is both medicinal and for shampoos and soaps.


These are Anasazi beans. I only planted nine beans this year and was rewarded with 1 pound of beans. Anasazi beans are native to the southwest and are very hearty. I try to teach that one needs to grow items that are regional specific, to take in the water issues etc.











No comments:

Post a Comment