Thursday, December 3, 2009

Photo Montage Warning Butchered Cow

We raise our own beef. This is the cow before she was butchered. I write my post about the frugal life we lead with everything- including what it entails. When we shop in the grocery we are distanced from the reality of how we live. I am grateful to have my family appreciate that each animal provides for us completely. In addition, our meat is organic and no worries about the label that we see on ground beef in the store(may contain meat from United States, Mexico, and Canada-ugh that is worrisome).

Here the neighbor is teaching my sons how to butcher.


They carefully but quickly removed the hide.





Removing the guts! My sons are goofing on the left in orange and in green hoodie.




Meat for the freezer. We ended up with over 250 pounds of beef.
Many folks that follow my frugal tips were very interested in buying their own farm fresh beef. We seem to be awakening as consumers that organic foods are much healthier.





No comments:

Post a Comment