Thursday, December 3, 2009

Photo Montage -Frugal Foods

Our final harvest from the garden we gleaned all plants. So I had an abundance of green tomatoes. This is a picture of the green tomatoes resting in pickling salt with onions- to be canned for a marinade. I also canned 12 jars of green tomato salsa.

Simple on line frugal tip on how to make olive oil butter. Above are the ingredients.

Here is the completed Olive oil butter spread.



Making banana butter to can.



Canned banana butter.




Homemade pizza with homemade goat cheese, spinach and onions from the garden.




What to do with so much zucchini? Can zucchini slaw!
When I write about living a frugal life I begin with foods and the preservation and preparation of them. Amazingly enough, one begins to live healthier on a frugal life plan. This fall I have written about canning salsa-green and red, applesauce, pickles, banana butter, making cheese, and pizza. Each post takes approximately 20 minutes to write- but each tip I share takes the minimum of 30 minutes to the maximum of a day to complete the tip for the posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment